Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can any one help me with advice on my body rejecting a foreign object???

A couple of months ago i stepped on a toothpick. There was still a small sliver of it in my foot and now my body is pushing it out. what do i need to do and what should I expect???Can any one help me with advice on my body rejecting a foreign object???
You need to get that last sliver out of your body as soon as possible. The way it sounds, you already have an infection. Eventually, the wound will start suppurating with pus and you will get an even bigger infection. In the worst case, the infection can spread all over your foot and even up the leg. Even if it hurts, you should see that the piece gets taken out as soon as possible. It sounds as if the piece only got stuck in the layers of dead skin, so that is the reason it hasn't been bothering you too much. But seriously, get it removed.Can any one help me with advice on my body rejecting a foreign object???
I just wanted to thank everyone for the helpful advice and those of you who shared your experiences!

Report Abuse



Just count your lucky stars that the foreign object you stepped on as oppose to sitting on, was only a toothpick.I live in NYC, ';Girlfriend, Now I Cal Tell You Some Stories.'; Relax, the object is apparently working it's way out of your system.
yuck!!!
As long as it doesn't get red, feel hot, or fester up, it will naturally come out eventually..
get some tweezers %26amp; pull it out if u can see it
put some antibacterial ointment on it, and wait. it's just like any other splinter. when it gets super close to the outside of your skin you should be able to use sterile tweezers to pull it out.
I was in a terrible car accident that left tiny slivers of glass in my elbow that worked their way out more than 3 months later. I had a small amount of discomfort and you should probably have the same. Keep an eye out for signs of infection though. Good luck.
go to the foot doctor before it get infected
Wait till it surfaces and then pick it loose with a sterilzed needle, and use tweezers to get it out. If you are squemish, see your doctor, and let him do the job.
Tell your mom
I had this happen to me. It was soooo painful. You can try to get it out but be sure and keep the area clean. The piece that went in my toe came out eventually. I'll never forget it.
yeah once i got a little pice of wood stuck in my foot (i forgot what its called) and nobody could get it out so i still have apice of wood in my foot but my body dint reject it, it just hurt for a while and thats it





oh yeah a splinter!
You will get a small blister like bump. it is blister like because your body sends fluids to the area to help get rid of the object. it will probably be a bit tender. Watch for redness or puss. As it is on your foot, you will have to be careful. Once it comes out, you will have an open area of skin that will be prone to infection(as it is on your foot). Keep a bandaid and some triple antibiotic cream on it. You dont have to do anything to help with the removal, as your body will handle that by itself. Don't dig at it with needles and tweezers, as that will just give you a larger area of open skin for infection to set in. IF one end protrudes from the skin you can carefully pull it out with tweezers, but do NOT dig it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment