Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any advice/help for a cat problem?

I have one 13 old female cat and recently about 2 months ago took in two 6 year old male cats that I will be taking care of for one year.


For the first month, month and 1/2 there was no problems between them but recently my older cat has started using the couch as her litter box.


Of the two male cats, 1, Flannel, has had no problems with my older cat. The other, Pogo, has sometimes been chasing her, I don't believe aggressively but perhaps playfully. Recently he has been hanging around the room where I keep her litter box and since he's in there she won't go in. I moved the boys litter box to a different room but the problem with my older cat has gotten so bad that I have to take her to the litter box myself and make sure Pogo doesn't bother her.


I'm not sure if he's hanging around that room to prevent her or she just doesn't want to go near him and thus using my couch as a her crapping ground.


Anyone have any advice to help solve this problem?Any advice/help for a cat problem?
so, you went from one cat to 3 in your house/apartment? The 2 new cats may be ganging up on your original cat preventing her from getting to the litter box. only having 2 litter boxes in a 3 cat household is too few. My best suggestion would be to add at least 1 extra litter box, if not two, so that even if both new cats are guarding one each, there are 1-2 more boxes available. Also, with multiple cats, you have to keep the boxes much cleaner than you did before you added the new residents.Any advice/help for a cat problem?
Sounds like you need to separate the boys. Your kitty is set in her ways and after all it is her house. During the day put the boys in a crate or a different room with the door closed so your cat can possibly get back to having her own space.





Cats are creatures of habit and sounds like hers was interrupted.


Good Luck
  • chemical face peel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment