Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Being ambivalent . . .need some advice . . . help!!!!?

Recently broke up with fiance. Met him after his divorce from 12yr marraige %26amp; became great friends. Knew he was interested in me but wouldn't date him for a yr. After 6 mo of dating he proposed. He's extremely successful, spoils me, compliments me constantly, has dinner waiting every night, rubs my feet daily %26amp; drops everything to always be with me. But when he's mad he tells me I'm a worthless piece of sh1t %26amp; points aggressively in my face. He's even poured a glass of water on me-- he was mad %26amp; couldn't sleep so neither could I. He gets jealous easy or mad if I want to spend anytime apart. We split when my brother witnessed the verbal abuse 1 night %26amp; called the cops. He says he had past issues of distrust %26amp; has come to terms with it now after 2 mo. I'm ';the love of his life'; and he'll do anything to make it work. I've been seeing him once in awhile, but family/friends don't approve- say he's too controlling. When with him I have second thoughts. When apart I rationalize it could work.Being ambivalent . . .need some advice . . . help!!!!?
I know it's hard to do, but let him go. His anger problem is probably what caused his first divorce. When you're away from him all you think about is the good and rationalize that the bad isn't that bad, but when you are with him, you must still see the signs of it being in him or you wouldn't have second thoughts. Trust your family, trust your gut and stay away.Being ambivalent . . .need some advice . . . help!!!!?
forget him another abuser sooner or later
When will it take you to learn this man will one day kill you or hurt you if you stay with him? He is abusive man and one who is controlling. If you feel that way when together then you know something is wrong. When apart you are grieving for the man you thought he was.
People can change. First you must change before he can. I know you might think you do nothing that should upset him but look at things from his perspective. Marriage is not easy, it takes time and patience. Don't get advice from people but yet ask God what to do and if you want to be with him ask God to give you grace to go through. Your life just might be a testimony for someone else. God Bless You!
That was a close call. Thank God You found out in time. Run and don't look back. This man has not changed and it WILL get worse. RUN!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry but he's blowing smoke up you skirt! 2 months are not long enough to work out an anger problem! If this is something he's been dealing with for years and years, it will take much more than 2 months to get this attitude tweaked! He's lying to you to ';yes'; control you further. The best advice is to give..... leave him. Find someone else without so much baggage!
You sound like me and all I can say is DON'T!!! I rationalized it and told myself it would work after we got married.





It didn't change, it got worse. Get out while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment