Saturday, July 31, 2010

Atkins diet help and advice needed please?

Their website is terrific





http://www.atkins.com





. . . best thing I ever did for myself was going on this diet. It sucks for the first few days (while your body gets rid of the sugar) but after that, it's so easy and you'll have so much energy, you'll never want to go back to the way you lived before.Atkins diet help and advice needed please?
It works, and it will continue to work if you keep doing it. The problem with the diet is that it takes time to put your body in a state of ketosis, that is when you actually start losing weight, so a little cheat could set you back a week. I lost 45 lbs doing it, but gained it back just as quickly by just eating normal healthy foods. What happens is you lose water and then you lose muscle tone. But you do lose weight.


After about a year of losing and gaining on Atkins, I just started to try to eat healthy, I am still very observant of my carb consumption(hard habit to break), but I do eat a well balanced diet.


I have now lost 60 lbs and never felt better.Atkins diet help and advice needed please?
Buy the book Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution.





Read it.. it contains all the advice and help you could want.





Here is a great website to help you on your way.





http://www.lowcarbfriends.com





Remember.. this isn't a diet or a quick fix.. but a lifestyle change.





It helped me recover from eating disorders and retain a healthy living lifestyle. It completely changed the way I look at food when I thought there was no hope for me.
Go for it! I lost 85 lbs 4 years ago and have never felt better in my life. Sleep apnea-GONE. Planters fascia -GONE. I used to need 8-9 hours of sleep. Now i need 7. Forget the naysayers and get started. I eat what I want during the holidays and special occasions then it is right back to it.


Its not for everyone because no diet is. People process and use food differently.Contrary to popular belief vegetables and nuts are your main sources of vitamins on Atkins once you get started.


It is a life diet. If the typical American diet worked for you you wouldn't be asking about Atkins. You will gain the weight back if you stop because You will be going back to the diet that made yo fat in the first place. As far as I can tell low fat diets never work.


Good Luck
Here is an article that will give you insight into the Atkins diet.


http://www.atkins.com/carb-counter





This is how Eskimos survive on a meat diet. It give insight in how the Atkins diet works and why the Atkins diet is not as good as the Eskimo diet.


http://discovermagazine.com/2004/oct/inu鈥?/a>
There are a lot of pro's and cons to the Atkins diet. It's hard on the body due to the intense amount of protein you have to eat. Not to mention most people that stop the Atkins diet gain the weight back. I would advise you to talk with your doctor before you start this diet.
ask yore MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment