Saturday, July 31, 2010

Advice / help with perms . :)?

I am considering getting a perm for my hair.


Right now I have a lip-level fringe that I generally part to the right or left, or pull up into a pouf over my forehead.


My hair is touching my shoulders, and goes a little bit past when straightened. It has a very slight natural curl, the very bottom flips out all the way around.





I want a loose perm, not exactly curls, but a little curlier than basic waves.


I have a lot of product for straight hair as well as curly hair, including Freida straightening shampoo, conditioner, Herbal Escenses Dangerously Straight shampoo/conditioner, various Vavoom and Garnier hairspray products and gel manipulator.


I also have Herbal Essences curl-enhancing shampoo/conditioner as well as a series of Catwalk (Tigi) Curls Rock shampoo/conditioner/amplifier/booster items, so I am well equipped.





Is there anything I need to consider, or any other items that are very helpful with perms?Advice / help with perms . :)?
When you go to the salon bring in pictures of the type of curl/style you want. You definitely have enough products :) I hope your perm works great for you. Advice / help with perms . :)?
Before you get a perm try the mousse technique. Lots - and use a blow dryer on low to scrunch the curls in. Use a freeze spray lightly while doing this. I have the same type of hair, and this works really well for me.
youll need lots and lots of mouse and volumizing shampoo and conditioner
it's better than straightening or curling your hair every day, i'll tell you that.


if you get a perm, after it wears off, your hair is going to be kinda different.


so if you get a straight perm, your hair isnt going to be as curly.


or if you get a curl perm, its not going to be as straight.





japanese straight perms are good.


the best systems they use are liscio and yuko for straight.


and for curls, there's a new system called System Qurl, both of them work really well.


i have friends who tried them, and they loved it.





dont get any perm for less than $300, and also look at the salon you're getting it at.


if they take before and after photos, need an appointment, and have pros doing the hair, most likely they're good.





also, when you get a perm, you should frequently condition it and use UV protective hair products to keep it safe from the sun. wait at least 1-2 months after a perm if u want to color it.





finally, be completely honest with your hair stylist.


good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment