Thursday, July 29, 2010

20 yr old soon to be mom needs advice...help!!!!!?

I just found out on Monday that I'm pregnant. I'm a 20 yr old college student. I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years and of course he is standing by me. He is going to get a job on November as a police officer making 43K a year. I've worked at a daycare for the past 3 years with infants and toddlers so I'm very experienced in that field. I'm not worried about being a good mom or taking care of the baby...I know I will be an excellent mom.


The only thing that is tearing me up right now is telling my parents and grandparents. They are religious and strict about these things.


To give you and idea, my 26 year old cousin who has a well paying job is living with his fiancee. My grandma condemns it and refuses to see their house because she does not believe in living together before marriage. They are very old fashioned and stuck in their ways. I know when they find out I';m pregnant, they will never speak to me or look at me again. They will shun me. How can I tell them!20 yr old soon to be mom needs advice...help!!!!!?
OK, at first, they'll probably be upset. That's a truth, and it'll be easier if you accept it.





However... I pretty much guarentee that once the baby's actually here, they'll want to see it. And will likely 'forget' any 'improprieties' in their eagerness to know the new great-grandchild.





...OK, growing up, my grandmother was the biggest prude in the world. She actually condemned a pair of GYM SHORTS because they had an ';active attitude'; logo on them. (';That means SEXUALLY active! You may not know that, but the boys sure will!'; Gram, they're GYM SHORTS!!) ANd there was no greater sin than sex before marriage.





When my cousin got pregnant at 16, her parents made her tell her grandmother herself.





Gram's reaction? She said a couple of nasty things in private (I think just to get it all out of her system), then invited the erring grandaugher to come stay with her for a week, and -- when she was born -- showered the great-grandbaby with gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment