Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Looking for Financial Advice/Help?

I was hoping that someone might be able to help me out. I am trying to figure out how to resolve $74,000.00 in debt. This exists due to the fact that my husband is a compulsive spender and has strong armed me into purchases that didn't need to be made. He works full time and has been working overtime from his job when it is available to try to make ends meet. I have run my own home-based daycare for two years now taking care of everyone else's chidlren but I currently only care for one child every other week. I have also been looking for something more stable. Any ideas/suggestions/help that you can lend would be sooo greatly appreciated!





Thanks sooo much for your time and assistance! You are all true angels!





P.S. We have completely stopped making ALL unnecessary purchases but we are at a point where affording food and gas are a joke!Looking for Financial Advice/Help?
Honestly this may sound harsh. I think it's time for you to put your buisness in the can for a while and find a full time job somewhere else. Try call centre work, cashier work, or even a waitress job. Your going to need a FULL time job to get that debt down and i'm pretty sure that you don't want to claim bankruptcy over 74,000.00. You can pay it off, but you really need to start putting in the same hours as your husband. If food is a problem, try calling a food bank and get some food for free (I know that sounds bad, but they really can help out and sometimes they give out ALOT of food) It sounds like you got some great people skills to take care of children. Try getting a nanny job or a housecleaning job for full time... sometimes you can get a higher paying job because most people don't want this type of position. I hope this helps and remember, procrastination is evil. Just do it cause in the end you'll be kicking yourself if you don't.Looking for Financial Advice/Help?
Try to call a loan agency
I don't think you are going to find the help you need on here. Pick up your phone and make an appointment with a financial advisor. They will be able to help you sort through your expenses and income and may even be able to reduce some of your debt. Best of all, the first visit is usually free. If this isn't possible, then I would sit down and right a letter to ALL of the people I owe money too: house, car, credit cards, student loans...whatever it is and see if they can help some kind of way. Explain in the letter what you are asking and why you are asking. I would also follow the letter up with a phone call,. Before you write the letters I would sit down and write down all of my expenses and my current income; then try to figure out a reasonable payment amount that you can offer them in the letter. You won't know until you try and they would much rather you try then to just not pay. Definitely getting you a full time job would greatly help. Even it is at a department store or something, and since the holidays are coming up they will be able to offer you overtime galore. Good Luck to you! Don't give up!
That is pretty steep debt. My husband and I were in some pretty serious debt but were thankfully able to get out. I am not sure how good your credit is or I would suggest surfing your credit cards with higher rates onto 0% interest rates. I would suggest contacting a debt consolidation company....there are some that are helpful in getting your bills paid along with your debt where you can afford it...http://www.careonecredit.com/Landings/La鈥?/a> is one that i hear about that is great..


Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment